Saturday, December 6, 2014

My afternoon with the very talented animator Rachel Ryle

If you're not an Instagrammer you may not know who Rachel Ryle is, oh but one day you just might. Here's a little bio... and you must visit her site to be amazed:

"Award winning Illustrator & Animator Rachel Ryle is a social media maven of sorts. Having been named the #1 Instagram account to follow by MTV & BuzzFeed, she focuses on incorporating her art & animations into her posts. Since the launch of Instagram’s video feature Rachel has turned her stream into a collection of art & quirky stop motion animations. In only 15 seconds her short story animations are bound to leave a smile on your face. "

Rachel Ryle and me


Last year we met at Magnolia Bakery to discuss a potential partnership. During that conversation, we also discussed the phenomenon of Instagram and how I could get started. She encouraged me to create a story or character with my needle felted animals. So, I created 31 stop motion animations, called "A Heart-Felt Love Story" telling the story of how my husband and I met. You can see them here.

A Behind-the-Scenes look at "Lindy cooking dinner for Geno"


Rachel happened to be in NYC once again so we got together to discuss creating something fun and unique for Magnolia Bakery and to just catch up on the life of creating.

I wanted to thank Rachel for all her inspiration so I gifted her with this little mouse. She was staying in Williamsburg Brooklyn, so she named him William S. Burg...the perfect name for this mouse.

Facci Designs needle felted mouse, William S. Burg




No comments:

Post a Comment