Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Candy Jar Winter Wonderland Globe

Here's a fun project to do with the kids. Any jar would do but I used a small candy jar with a fancy lid.






Here are the supplies you'll need.


The lid of your jar will become the base of your globe. Place a sticker on the front of the jar and on top (to let some light in) and paint your jar.



While the paint is wet, sprinkle on some glitter. Let dry and carefully peel away stickers. Adhere the pearl trim around the outside of your openings. Glue on your bow or embellishment of choice.



Cut a styrofoam ball in half and place inside lid. Depending on what type of lid it is, you might want to add some fake snow or cotton around to hide the styrofoam. Glue your animal (or a mini Christmas tree!) to the styrofoam (a glue gun might be your best bet here).

Find some background art you like, it could be a photograph or a drawing or use mine! Place in back of jar. I didn't need to glue it, it just stayed in place. Place jar on lid and enjoy!

The jar looks best when it is near a light source.

Happy Holidays!




1 comment:

  1. Hi, I apologize if this is the third time I've posted this but I keep trying and nothing happens (on my phone) so I hopped on the computer to try yet again. I found your blog through your instructables page and just need to know where you found *perfectly* round balloons to make your paper mache planets. I've tried two types from Party City and they assured me each of them would be round but they came out like regular balloons and then like an onion! very frustrating because it's set me back days since I can't make it to the store everyday (one car family, husband commutes and is gone 14 hours at a time) and my daughter's party is sunday so time is of the essence. I really hope you can help. I can't order any online since we don't have credit/debit cards and no time anyway but I will be in the Bay Area tomorrow and can go basically anywhere. Thank you very much, signed, a stressed out 9 month pregnant mother!

    ReplyDelete